Borussia Dortmund are holding firm in their valuation of Ousmane Dembele after rejecting a bid from Barcelona.
The French forward is on Barcelona’s shortlist of players who could replace Neymar after the Brazilian swapped the Nou Camp for the Parc des Princes in a world record €222million deal earlier this month.
The Spanish club had an €80million offer for Philippe Coutinho rejected by Liverpool and also made an approach for Dembele.
Catalan paper Sport says Dortmund rejected that bid, understood to be in the region of €70million, as it included too many variables and is also well below what they consider to be his worth.
Sport claims Dortmund want at least €100million and are in fact holding out for closer to €110million.
Barcelona’s president, meanwhile, has revealed that not all of the money received from Neymar’s move to Paris Saint-Germain will be used for new signings.
Josep Maria Bartomeu, speaking at the Congreso Mundial de Peñas on Monday night, reassured fans the money will be spent, though some if it will be spent on “assets” other than signings.
“We will invest the 222 million euros with common sense,” said Bartomeu. “We will invest it in players and assets — it won’t all go on signings.”
He continued: “I can’t tell you who will come. We have total confidence in [sporting director] Robert Fernandez. What’s clear is that players will come to continue this winning era. The first was [Nelson] Semedo, but more will arrive.”