NEYMAR has finally spoken on his future at a Nike event in the USA

Barcelona star Neymar is being chased by Paris Saint-Germain, who are willing to trigger his £196million release clause.

Barca don’t want to sell but are powerless to prevent PSG snapping up the Brazilian if the clause is met.

Varying reports have suggested Neymar has agreed in principle to the terms of his contract at PSG.

His future at the Nou Camp was cast further into doubt after yesterday’s training-ground fight with team-mate Nelson Semedo.

Neymar arrived late to a Nike event in Miami yesterday where he was to present his new boots.

Around 100 fans waited for over an hour to see the 25-year-old, who signed autographs and posed for pictures before briefly speaking.

“For now, everything’s going well,” he said.

Asked about his new boots, he said he hoped “to be able to score a lot more goals” with them.

There were no opportunities to ask Neymar about the PSG speculation or shed light on the spat with Semedo, which saw Neymar storm off the training pitch.

The striker was under the spotlight at the event, with Barca officials Manel Arroyo, Jordi Moix and Jordi Mestre all present, claim Spanish newspaper Sport.

Neymar could have been chosen to speak to the media earlier this week in one of the pre-match press conferences ahead of tomorrow’s friendly with Real Madrid.

However, Barca declined to put the forward up alongside manager Ernesto Valverde.

Another opportunity to speak would have come on Monday in Shanghai, where Neymar was scheduled to be at an event organised by Barca’s commercial arm.

“We are very sorry to inform you that the Neymar Shanghai Meetings, which was scheduled to be held on July 21, 2017, will not happen,” a statement read.

“This is due to the fact that Mr Neymar and his team are busy dealing with his transfer, so the meeting will be cancelled.”

Yesterday the head of La Liga claimed they could appeal to UEFA over Financial Fair Play rules if PSG snapped up Neymar.

Barca believed his release clause effectively blocked any club from signing him – because no side can afford that outlay and stay within the FFP boundaries.

But the head of UEFA’s club licensing committee and financial fair play Andrea Traverso admitted this week that mega-rich PSG may still be able to secure a deal.

“Football grows by 10 per cent every year. Everyone is obsessed with the figures for Neymar, but revenues for clubs have increased and, presumably, their accounts allow them to spend,” Traverso said.