Manchester City have raised their offer for Jorginho to €47m plus €6m in bonuses after his agent said he “won’t be happy” if Napoli block the move.
Partenopei President Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed last week that he turned down a proposal worth €40m plus €5m in bonuses.
The asking price is €60m and today representative Joao Santos told CalcioNapoli24 that the two clubs “have not yet reached an agreement, as there is around a €10m distance between the demand and the offer.
“Now City are working on Plan B. The player is waiting for Napoli’s decision. He has another two years on his contract and we will not renew it.
“Jorginho is a professional, but this is the opportunity of a lifetime for him and his family. If he doesn’t go to Manchester City, he won’t be very happy.”
According to Sky Sport Italia, Manchester City heard the plea and increased their offer to €47m plus another €6m in performance-related bonuses.
It is now approaching the €60m demanded by De Laurentiis and it’s believed Monday will prove decisive, one way or another.
Either Pep Guardiola’s Premier League champions will agree terms or drop Jorginho and turn towards Real Madrid midfielder Mateo Kovacic.