The Manchester United star is back at the disposal of coach Ten Hag

Advertisement

Erik ten Hag has confirmed that Antony can play for Manchester United against Galatasaray, a challenge that takes place tomorrow (Tuesday) within the Champions League, starting at 21:00.

The Brazilian striker received permission from the “Red Devils” not to gather with the team after a series of accusations that came against him from his ex-girlfriend, Gabriela Cavallin.

Since then, Antony has stayed in his hometown, where he also gave statements to the Sao Paulo police.

He returned to England last week and held about five hours of talks with Manchester police.

The 23-year-old winger feels innocent, as years ago he faced accusations from two other women.

United have allowed him to focus on matters off the pitch recently, but shortly before the Premier League meeting with Crystal Palace, they announced that Antony had been given the green light to return to training and was once again available to the Dutchman.

Advertisement

He has taken part in just one training session since then, suggesting he is not in optimal physical shape.

However, Ten Hag have said the Brazilian is in their plans ahead of the Champions League clash against Galatasaray.

“Antony will be under consideration, but yesterday was his first time training with the rest of the team. We will have one last training and then we will make a decision”, said Ten Hag.

Antony’s last appearance for United came in a 3–1 defeat to Arsenal on 3 September.

He was also left out of the Brazil team in recent games and has not registered a goal for club or national team since April 16.

Advertisement